Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Countdown to Car-free

The packing has gotten under way and its only two weeks before I have to be in my new place. Moving and midterms do not mix well, and the amount of caffeine needed to fuel this amount of activity doesn't help with anxiety levels.

But this also means that within two weeks I can give up my driving. Right now the workhorse of the move has been my '83 Toyota Landcruiser. I'm going to miss driving it, but am seriously considering selling it. To have it sit for a full year, and possibly more if I decide to keep going with a car-free existence, is a sad possibility. I know there are plenty of people out there that are Landcruiser enthusiasts that would take good care the cruiser. Since brining the cruiser here, many people in Missoula have complemented me on it, and wanted to know where I got it, so I think it would be easy to sell.

What would I replace it with? Well... I'm looking at purchasing a bike trailer. I've seen quite a few around town, and they seem to be multiplying in the last year. REI has a BOB Yak trailer that I can use my dividend on. If anyone has thoughts or suggestions on bike trailers I would love to hear them.

3 comments:

2whls3spds said...

Depends on how you plan to use it. It is hard to beat the Bikes At Work trailers for sheer utility and capacity. Nothing wrong with a BobYak if it does the job for you.

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Keep the land cruiser, you don't have to use it, but treat it like the wonderful gift of mobility that it is. Besides it will give you access to the wilderness where there are no cars (just ATVs, ha).

nagyondinnye said...

Take a look at the Weber Monoporter too.

Bookmark and Share